What's New in 2022?
The Ambition team works to improve our platform every day. These updates include everything from major improvements, product feedback from our customers, and bug fixes.
May 17th, 2022
- Content Block Agenda Item: Rich text editor that allows managers to provide additional information or context to a coaching agenda. Can be used to give more information about an Action Plan, the coaching program initiative, provide company updates, or link 3rd party URLs.
- Embed URL Agenda Item: Allows managers to iframe a 3rd party website directly into a coaching agenda.
↳ Learn more about all our coaching agenda items including the two newest additions here.
- Improved Rich Text for Coaching Notes: Additional formatting options for Coaching Notes including underlines, text color, H1, H2, and emoji support!
- Scorecard Error States: Improved and net-new error states surrounding the optional Start and Stop values when setting up a Higher-is-Better or Start and Stop values for a Lower-is-Better metric.
- Rich Text URLs Opening in Unexpected Windows: Option to open a Linked URL in the current window was removed since that option was not supported.
- Incorrect Count of Completed Agenda Items on Save Progress Button: Save Progress button will not correctly display the accurate number of completed multiple choice and/or poll agenda items.
- Exceeding License Limit on User CSV Upload or Salesforce Sync: Users will not be able to upload a User CSV or sync users from Salesforce if adding the new accounts will pass the customer's licensed user count.
- Coaching Reminder Notification Sending After Opting Out of Coaching Emails: "Coaching Action Plan Reminder" and "Coaching Check-in Reminder" emails have been added to the notification options that a user can unsubscribe from.
May 3rd, 2022
- Features Tab Category Labels: The Features tab, Left navigation > Administration > Features, had bespoke formatting on the category labels. Formatting has been unified with other labels across Ambition.
- Coaching Program Grids: Programs and Managed Programs have been broken out into their own respective tabs, Left navigation > Coaching > Manage. Filterable status filters have been added.
- Only Allow One Date Field on Data Formats for Daily Totals Integrations: Daily Totals integrations support using a single date field within the data format, but multiple date fields were allowed to be mapped. For new integrations, a single "Date" Field Type will be present upon enabling of the integration. The Date Field Key can be updated as needed.
- Action Item Count Negative: Creating and subsequently deleting Action Items will no longer render a negative Action Item count.
- Private Goal Visibility: Tests were added to verify group visibility when a Goal is created for the Manager hierarchy level.
- Leaderboard Saved Filters Not Loading Custom Time Frame: Added check for existing start and end dates.
- Coaching Program Being Marked as Completed Immediately Upon Creation: Improved statuses on Coaching Programs will prevent a one-time occurrence coaching program from being marked Started and Finished at the same time.
April 19th, 2022
- Co-Branding for Accolades: When socially sharing an Accolade, the User who received the Accolade, the Accolade name and badge, and the company's logo will be featured! The company logo will be pulled from the Organization tab settings, so if you have Admin permissions, make sure your company's logo is up to date!
- Salesforce Report2Metric UI/UX Improvements: Report2Metric now has a new home and new name. Ambition's report sync functionality will now be called "Reports" and will be found under the Data Configuration page. Learn more here.
- In-Form Support for Salesforce Reports with more than 2000 Rows: Syncing reports with more than 2000 rows required an engineering ticket to fully support, but now you have the ability to "opt-in" to using the Salesforce API to support syncing large reports in the report sync form. Learn more here.
- Agenda Items No Longer Displayed on Action Plan Cards: Agenda Items have been removed from displaying on the Action Plan cards for a cleaner, improved experience.
- Explicitly State GIF/Image Support in Workflow Form: Adding a GIF and/or Image in a Workflow message is only supported for Email Actions and is now stated in the Workflow form.
- Auto Delete TV Slides Associated with Deleted Accolades, Goals, and Competitions: TV slides that are created to display an Accolade, Goal, or Competition will automatically be deleted if the respective Accolade, Goal, or Competition is deleted.
- Make it Clear You Can Click Into a Gong Call: A "View Call" button was added to Gong call interactions to make it clear you can click into and view Gong Calls.
- Select Gong Calls Not Playing: The just-in-time Gong query was readded to ensure the media URL does not expire.
- Rich Text Consistency: Removed Agenda Item specific styling to increase consistency. Removed white space styles that were retaining empty lines.
- Emails Being Sent After Notifications Were Turned Off: Ensured that messages will not send if email_enabled is False for an Organization.
- Ambition University Link Hidden from Users: The Ambition University link is accessible for all users through the "Get Help and Learn" tab.
April 5th, 2022
- Accolade Achievement Export: Ability to mass export Achievements for multiple Accolades or export Achievements for a single Accolade. Learn more about exporting Achievements here.
- Feature Flag for Action Plans: Ability to turn the Coaching feature, Action Plans, on or off at an organizational level through the Features Tab.
- Coaching Visibility Options: Introducing a new Coaching Visibility option, Executive Level, and the ability to set the Coaching Visibility Preferences at the organizational level. The Executive Level option allows a Manager's Manager visibility into subordinates' coaching events. Learn more about Coaching Visibility options here.
- Resolve Open Action Items Breakpoint: Open Action Items would be removed if a User’s dashboard was being viewed at a smaller breakpoint. Now Open Action Items will be displayed at the top of a coaching dashboard.
- Dashboard UX - Graph and Empty States: Dates are aligned to data points on Scorecard graph, and date format has been unified. Dashboard empty states now provide messaging that's more descriptive of "why" the dashboard is empty - user isn't in a Role, no Scorecard has been setup, etc.
- Remove Stepper from Check-in Template Form: The check-in template creation form is simple, but still forced uses to click through each step. Now all steps will display upon accessing the form.
- Consistent Buttons in Coaching Forms: Create/Edit + Cancel button will be left aligned in within the respective form.
- Hide Managed Program Template Name: Managed Programs cannot be created from a Template, but the Coaching > Manage grid featured the Program’s Name in the Template column. Template column will now be left blank for Managed Programs.
- Excused Check-in Reopened Leading to Phantom Notifications: Resolves the issue where managers were seeing the red coaching notification badges in Ambition, but there were no check-ins to complete.
- Coaching Program Export: Export capability for active Coaching Programs is restored to the Coaching > Program view.
- Percent-to-Target values in Slack Workflows: The Metric Value was displaying for Percent-To-Target Slack workflows rather than the respective % to target value.
- Unable to Share Leaderboard on Microsoft Teams Mobile - IOS: Will now conditionally render a select option instead of the unsupported search on IOS
- Analytics - Progress Bars are Truncated + Create Goal option inaccessible: Progress bars and button placement were restored to previous state
- User Added as Co-Coach to Own Program: If a user is being involved as a participant in the coaching event, now an error will prevent them from also being added as a Co-Coach.
March 22nd, 2022
- Custom Permission Sets: In addition to Ambition's system permissions and individual permission capabilities, organizations can now create Custom Permission Sets and customize access, management, and administration capabilities to best fit each user’s role down to the individual level. Learn more about creating Custom Permission Sets here.
- Action Items in Coaching: Action Items are text based deliverables created within a coaching Check-in. Action Items can be used to document simple yes/no deliverables and all open Action Items/to-dos can be seen on a User's Dashboard. Learn more about interacting with Action Items here.
- Edit Button added to TV Settings: When viewing an Ambition TV URL, the option to Edit the TV is now accessible within the TV Settings instead of having to navigate back into the Ambition interface.
- Goal Form Required Fields: Description field is now labeled as Optional. The Category field will now default to Contribution.
- Add Manager Selection to Check-in Template Form: Templates can now be made accessible to specific Managers instead of all Check-in Templates being accessible by all Managers.
- Agenda Item Styling: Resolved inconsistent margin, padding, and color inconsistencies.
- Navigation Width Changes + Nav Tooltips for Long Names: Decreased width of left navigation, decreased space between item icons. Added tooltips to navigation items with text overflow.
- Gong Call Detail Modal Height: Set max height and added scroll visibility to resolve excessive whitespace.
- Leaderboard Slide Overflowing Text: Scorecard graph was rendering incorrectly when navigation wasn't open.
- Coaching Insights - Empty State for Groups with no Coaching Activity: Org level coaching data was being rendered for groups that had no coaching activity. Now an empty state message will correctly display.
- Cannot create Note with "Can Create Note for Anyone" permission: Resolved issue where users with "Can Create Notes for Anyone" was not allowing users to create notes for anyone.
- Spacing Differences Between Multiple Choice and Checkbox Agenda Items: Unified spacing differences between Multiple Choice and Checkbox Agenda Items.
March 8th, 2022
- Longer TV Slide Durations: Previously the max TV slide duration option was 60 seconds. Additional TV slide duration options of 2, 3, 4, and 5 minutes have been added!
- Added Filter Toolbar to the Coaching > Manage Template and Filter Pills to Competition > Manage Grids: Added Search and Created By filter options to Program and Check-in Template manage grids.
- Always Give Coaching Program Template Creator Access to Template: Managers who have permission to create Program Templates will now have default access to the Template even if they don’t select themself through the Manager > Custom option in Template creation.
- Resolved Spacing with Analytics Filter Buttons: Apply Filters and Cancel buttons had no space in between them.
- Improved Time Selector Placeholder Text and Searching: Disabled search from Time Selectors and added default placeholder text.
- Dashboard Scorecard Graph Impacted by Navigation Width: Scorecard graph was rendering incorrectly when navigation wasn't open.
- Check-ins - Inability to Mark an Expired Check-in as Competed: Check-ins were being closed and marked as “Expired” if the employee had completed their part but the manager had not approved. Included a deployment migration to re-open check-ins that were closed this way on or after Jan 11, 2022 since the bug was tied to a regression.
- Coaching Agenda item hovering when attempting to drag and drop: Deleting an agenda item first then attempting to drag and drop a new agenda item would result in a hover state.
- NaN Appearing in Analytics and Coaching: The ratio on Quadrant reports and the Created Date on the Coaching Program Export dropdown were displaying NaN instead of the appropriate ratio or date.
February 22nd, 2022
- Coaching Form Language Updates: Improvements to how the Create forms for Check-ins, Single Programs, and Managed Programs are worded. Explicit callouts to optional items.
- Grid Views: Grid views now visually signal which column is being sorted and which direction, ascending or descending, the respective column is sorted.
- Broken Default Images: Default images were broken if a Group or User's name began with a number or punctuation.
- Selectors on User's Settings Page: Selectors in the user settings page were featuring unnecessary borders and drop-down heights were not uniform.
- Gong Calls - Filter Date Error: Gong Calls with comments were unable to be successfully loaded when filtering for Last Year's calls.
- Action Plan Create Goal Form: The year was cut off when selecting a start and end date in the Create New Goal modal within an Action Plan.
February 8th, 2022
- New Primary Navigation: The new navigation can be pinned open or left closed until hovered. Additionally, the new styling also grouped similar items in the navigation and clicking the Ambition logo will return you to your designated landing page.
- Coaching - Creating Agenda Items Styling: The color and styling of agenda items within check-in and program forms have been updated to improve accessibility.
- Coaching Attribution Chart Dates: The Attribution chart within the Coaching Overview page was incorrectly showing “Nan” for the Created Date. The correct created times are now displayed.
- Dashboard Headers on Mobile Devices: The page titles on a dashboard (either the organization's name, user name, or group name) were made visible on mobile screen sizes.
- Analytics Spreadsheets - Empty Last Page: If the last page result size was the same as the page size, it allowed the user to go to the next page, which is empty. This update removes the empty last page on spreadsheet tables.
January 25th, 2022
- Coaching Agenda Items - Required Styling: Improved the styling of required agenda items within a coaching conversation.
- Analytics Spreadsheet Count: The total count within an Analytics spreadsheet reflects how many records are on the page rather than being 1 higher.
January 11th, 2022
- Gong Agenda Items for Coaching: Attach Gong recordings to your coaching agenda items to discuss and review together. The Manager or the Employee can select the calls for the review. Click here to learn more.
- Workflow - Option to combine email notifications: This allows a Workflow's email notifications to all send together, supporting the use case of a reply-all format. Users can designate if the emails should be sent together as one email or as separate emails.
- Improved UI for Check-Ins: Within a check-in, the Ratings and Notes now been improved to offer a helpful empty state as well as new styling. This also improves the styling of the Coaching Analytics widget shown on a user's coaching dashboard.
- Coaching Timezone's for Check-Ins: This updates all coaching tables and cards to display consistent date format with the user's corresponding timezone.
- Workflow Slack Notifications for Certain users: When a user's GIF is set to something invalid or that image times out, a Slack workflow would fail to send. We now catch this failure, and substitute the bad GIF with their static avatar URL.
- Integrations - Updates API Documentation: The integration's API Sandbox Button now takes administrative users to the new swagger documents.