What's New in 2022?
The Ambition team works to improve our platform every day. These updates include everything from major improvements, product feedback from our customers, and bug fixes.
Releases for new features and product improvements are scheduled bi-weekly on Tuesday nights. For more information on Ambition's Maintenance and Release Schedule, click here.
December 20, 2022
- New Group Editor Experience: The single Group Editor page is broken up into 4 new tabs: Members, Managers, Group Settings (which includes a new Group GIF option!), and Membership History. The Members tab is also introducing the ability for customers to alter Group Join Dates instead of always requiring assistance from the Ambition team to alter! Learn more here.
- Recurring Check-ins: Creating a "Schedule 1:1 for Later" or "Request an Update" will now offer a recurrence option. You can setup the appropriate recurrence schedule to ensure you never miss another 1:1! Learn more here.
- New UI for Adding Prizes in Competitions: The Prize section within the Challenge and Fantasy Competition forms has been updated so that Prizes now automatically save upon being added or edited. No more confusion about how to add or save a prize! Learn more here.
- Ability to log in to Ambition with Email Address or Username: Users that have an Ambition Username that differs from their email address, most commonly a result of their Salesforce Username differing from their email address, can now log in with either their Email Address or Username.
- File Format will Default to JSON: The default file format for new API integrations is set to JSON instead of CSV.
- Scorecard Empty State Message: A new empty state icon and "No Scorecard" message are added to Dashboards where a Scorecard is not configured for the User or Group.
- Unify Language Around Benchmarks and Targets: The Scorecard Editor and Target Calendar featured the terms "Benchmark" and "Target". Any occurrence of "Benchmark" has been replaced with "Target'.
- Check-in UI Improvements: The Check-in form will now feature an optional "Name" field to help clarify the purpose of each 1:1. The Check-in interface will now feature a gray background. The former "Prep" tab within a Check-in is now renamed to "Coaching History"
- Updates to Check-In Cards: Within 'Coaching, Check-ins', the Check-in Cards will now have the images featured at the bottom of the card, long Program names will be truncated but feature a hover state, and the word "meeting" is replaced with a calendar icon.
- Allow Commas in Salesforce Picklist Filter Values: A Picklist value can contain a comma, ex. "Closed, Won", and Ambition will not split the single picklist into two separate filter values.
- Resolved "Best Practices" link in Goal Builder: Best Practices link in the Goal Builder routes to the appropriate Best Practices Help Document.
- Remove Deactivated Rating Categories from Historical and Future Events: When a Rating Category is deactivated, it will no longer be visible in any coaching events as deactivated Rating Categories are excluded from the Average Rating calculation.
- "Mark All Excused" Button Will Only Excuse Open Check-ins and Action Plans: Open Action Plans and Check-ins will be excused through the "Mark All Excused" button. No completed coaching items will be excused.
- Content Block Agenda Item No Longer Automatically Hyperlinking Text: Within the Content Block Agenda Item, Hyperlinks that are automatically generated from a scheme (ex. https://) can be unlinked. Hyperlinks that are created on the fly will appear as they are typed instead of being created after submission. Strings like foo.ai will not be automatically linked.
December 6, 2022
- Seismic Integration: Seismic data points of "Livesends" and "LiveDocs" can now be used within Ambition. Customers of both Seismic and Ambition can incorporate Livesends and LiveDocs data on Ambition Scorecards, TVs, Goals, Competitions, etc. Learn more here.
- Continuing UI Improvement for the Salesforce Authorize and Install Tab: Refining the UI additions from version 3.179.0, the Salesforce integration is continuing to get a new look. The previously named "Installation/Authentication" tab is renamed "Authorize/Install" to correctly represent the step order. Rather than present two paths for connecting Salesforce, the two options for connecting Salesforce, API-Only and installing the Managed Package, are presented in a single path.
- Public API Max Page Size: The maximum page size for the Public API endpoints is increased from 100 to 1000.
- Gong Integration Visibility: Ambition's Gong Integration will no longer be behind a feature flag, but visible for enabling on the Integration Management page. Learn more here.
- Exclude Default Accolade Filter from Organization Dashboard: "Select All" option will correctly display Accolades that the Organization group is eligible for.
- Action Item Assignee Can Edit: Action Items assignees will not be able to edit or delete assigned Action Items unless they are the creator or have Coaching: All Access permission.
- Group Check-in "Meeting Dates" Not Matching Actual Check-in Dates: Only future Meeting Dates will be displayed in the "Meetings Date" portion of the Group Check-in parent page.
- Managed Package Showing as Installed Before Installation: The Managed Package step of connecting Ambition and Salesforce will no longer default to displaying as installed.
- Delete Empty Groups When Synced from Salesforce: Ambition Groups that are created through the Salesforce User Attribute sync will allow for deletion when the Group no longer has any members.
- Manual Entry Spreadsheet Missing Horizontal Scroll Bar: Horizontal scroll bar will be accessible within the Manual Entry Spreadsheet when the amount of manual entry columns cannot be viewed on a single page.
November 15, 2022
- "AmbitionTV" Google Play App: Seamlessly view TV content through Ambition's Google Play App, AmbitionTV. To use the AmbitionTV app, we recommend using a Chromecast with Google TV. Learn more about installing and using the AmbitionTV app here.
- API-Only Option for Connecting Salesforce and Ambition: Ambition offers an API-Only route that does not require installation of our Salesforce Managed Package, but rather it allows for Ambition and Salesforce to be connected through authorization of the Salesforce Polling API. Learn more about connecting Ambition and Salesforce through our Managed Package or API-Only options here.
- New UI for the Salesforce Installation and Authentication Tab: With the addition of the API-Only Option, the existing Installation and Authentication tab needed to present the two options for connecting Salesforce and Ambition. The tab presents the two distinct options, Managed Package and API-Only, and once you start your respective connection path, the interface updates to indicate which option you are pursuing.
- Add Due Time to Action Plan Email: The "Action Plan Started" email will now include the Due Time in addition to the Due Date.
- No Longer Send Action Plan Closed Email for Excused Action Plans: Excused Action Plans will no longer be accompanied with an email notification.
- Co-Coaches Step Added to "Start 1:1 Now" Check-in Form: The "Start 1:1 Now" Check-in form will now include the optional third step of adding Co-Coaches. Co-Coaches could be added to "Start 1:1 Now" Check-ins previously, but only after the check-in was held.
- Custom Action Plan Names on Coaching Timeline Subheaders: Custom Action Plan names will be reflected on the Coaching Timeline subheaders.
- Comment Action Button Alignment: On a Comment, the timestamps along with the Edit and Delete buttons will be aligned.
- Coaching Dashboard Tab - Coaching Analytics Fraction: The Check-in Average Rating, which is displayed as a fraction, will stay on one line until the breakpoint where the Coaching Analytics card is hidden from view.
- Permission Management Title: The title on the Permission Management page, left navigation > People > Permissions, is restored to "Permission Management.
November 1, 2022
- Scorecard Editor Requires Explicit Scorecard Selection: Usability improvement! The Scorecard Editor will now require explicit selection of which scorecard configuration you want to create or edit rather than defaulting to displaying the scorecard of the first scored group based on alphabetical order.
- Start, Stop, and Target Override Indicators for User Dashboards: The indicators on a Group Dashboard signifying that a User's Scorecard has a Start or Stop value or they have a personalized Target Override will also appear on the User's Dashboard.
- Action Buttons for Finished Managed Programs: Options to "Delete" and "Export CSV" will be available for Managed Programs within the Coaching > Manage interface.
- Validate Email Column on User CSV Upload: The required "Email" column on the User CSV Upload will be validated upon upload to ensure the column does indeed contain email addresses.
- Check-in Breadcrumb: The Check-in form breadcrumb will now display a ">" after the word Check-in.
- Daily Recurring Group Check-ins: For Daily Group Check-ins with a set End Date, the last meeting will be created and then the parent Group Check-in will finish.
- Link to Accolade Best Practices: The "Best Practices" link within the Accolade Builder will route to the current Accolade help documentation.
- Multi-Selector Displaying Empty State While Loading: The empty state message will no longer display while multi-selectors are loading.
- Increase Line Height for Group Check-in Descriptions: The Description line height has been increased to match the line height of Comments in order to improve readability.
- Remove Deactivated Users from Check-ins: Users who are deactivated will no longer have Check-ins created for them regardless of how they were enrolled in the Program.
- Time Series Access on Personal Dashboards: The "Analytics Reporting: View" permission is no longer required for users to view Time Series reporting on their personal dashboard.
- Scorecard Target Calculation for Average Metrics: Group Dashboards will display the Group's Targets as an Average for any metrics that utilize an average calculation. If a user has not yet contributed to the average metric, their actual target will display instead of 0.00.
October 19, 2022
- Metric Library: The Metric Library brings all active Metrics from all data integrations into one spot. Instead of having to navigate into each individual data integration to view Metric logic or integration details, the Metric Library provides visibility into Metric information in a single place. Learn more here.
- Manager Accountability: The Coaching Overview page will now feature an Accountability tab that showcases Manager Check-in utilization data. Rather than having to download reports or view multiple dashboards/insights tabs to view coaching analytics, the Accountability tab will help answer the question of, "Are my managers coaching?", right within Ambition. Learn more here.
- Calendar Sync Integration - Microsoft Outlook: The Calendar Sync integration will keep Ambition's scheduled coaching Check-ins in sync with a Manager's Microsoft Outlook calendar by allowing for bi-directional rescheduling. If a 1:1 needs to be rescheduled, the date and time can be updated either on the calendar event or within Ambition, and both the calendar event and Ambition will be updated accordingly. Learn more here.
- Empty State Icon: Areas where the empty state message does not feature custom illustration, will now feature a new empty state icon that replaces the information icon.
- Reorder Coaching Manage Tabs: Tabs on the Coaching Manage page are reordered to feature the Check-in tab first. If all Coaching features are enabled, the tabs will be ordered: Check-ins, Group Check-ins, Action Plans, Notes, Programs, Managed Programs, Rating Categories.
- Manager Utilization CSV Has Incorrect Labels: Columns headers will now state “Check-in Completion Rate” and “Check-in Average Rating” instead of indicating they captured Program data only.
- Insights Tab Value Differed from Manager Utilization Report: The Insights tab values for # of Programs, # Active Programs, and Check-in Completion Rate will only include values for coaching events the respective Manager conducts. It will no longer calculate a coaching event for a direct employee that's hosted by another Manager into the Insights Tab.
- Expand Ambition’s Time Zone Options: Ambition's time zone library will use all_timezones instead of common_timezones to expand time zone options.
- Change Preheader for Records Based and Metric Based Workflow Email Alerts: The email preheader will now state, "A notification from your friends at Ambition".
- Editing Permission for Creator of Private Goal: Creators of Private Goals will be able to edit Goals they create.
October 4, 2022
- Email Notification for Assigned Action Items: A summary email that will notify users of all Action Items that have been assigned to them in the last 10 minutes. The email will contain the Action Item's content, the user's name who assigned the item to you, and a link back to the Check-in/Group Check-in where the Action Item was created.
- Bulk Create Action Items in Group Check-ins: Within Group Check-ins, you can bulk create and assign Action Items! Group Check-ins will feature a multi-selector when choosing the Assignee of an Action Item and a "Select All" button for those to-dos that every participant needs to complete.
- Coaching Timeline - Empty State: Added icons and more descriptive messages to the Coaching Timeline when there are no historical or open Coaching Events.
- Coaching Timeline - Header Message: Unified the Header Messages when viewing the Coaching Tab on a User or Managerial Dashboard.
- Removed the "After 'x' Occurrences" option within Group Check-ins: Group Check-ins can now be set to end "Never" or a specific date.
- Analytics - Spreadsheet Grid Column Widths: Columns that required a horizontal scroll to view the columns data will now have a fixed width applied.
- Removing Case Sensitivity When Filtering: Case sensitivity will no longer be enforced when searching within the following filters: Status (Goals, Manage Goals, Asks, Action Plans, Check-in, Group Check-ins, Manage Coaching), Type Filter (Accolades, Asks), Visibility Filter (Notes), Mode, Time Frame, Selection Type Filters (Analytics)
- Coaching Timeline - Reflect Custom Action Plan Name on New Coaching Item Button: The custom Action Plan name will correctly be displayed when creating a new Action Plan on the Coaching tab of a User or Managerial Dashboard.
- Group Dashboards Not Displaying Enough Decimal Places: If the achieved metric value for a Scorecard metric is less than one, the first non-zero digit up to three decimal places will be displayed, ex. 0.002. If the first non-zero digit cannot be displayed in three decimal places, 0.0 will display instead of 0.000.
September 20, 2022
- Group Check-ins and Templates: 1:Many meetings have a home in Ambition! Team meetings can live alongside the existing 1:1 coaching events that are already housed in Ambition. Learn more here.
- Edit Action Plans: Action Plan agendas and due date can now be edited! An explicit due time and time selector were also added to the create and edit Action Plan forms. Learn more here.
- Action Plan Additional Functionality: Action Plans now feature the familiar, robust options of Check-ins. With Action Plans you can now Remind, Extend and Notify, Mark as Excused, Reopen, and Notify Employee Additional Context is Needed.
- Coaching Timeline - Coaching Analytics: Updated the look and format of the Coaching Analytics section found on Coaching Timelines.
- Grid Column Sizing: Grids that weren't taking up the full width of the page will now be full width.
- Remove Agenda Item Display Name: When editing a coaching agenda, the display name of the item will no longer display.
- Content Block Disappearing When Moved: Content Blocks will no longer lose their content when being moved around in a coaching agenda though the drag and drop action.
- Remove Initial Filter Values: Super entities will no longer be appended to saved report URLs.
- Coaching Analytics Values on Managerial Dashboards: Managers without "Coaching: All Access" permission will now be able to view their appropriate Coaching Analytics values.
- Tab Page Title for Custom Name Action Plans: The tab text when on Action Plan pages will now display "Coaching 'custom action plan name'" where applicable instead of "Coaching Action Plans".
September 7, 2022
- Action Plan Templates: Create templates that will help managers quickly and consistently create new Action Plans. Managers will be presented with a new option of "Start with Template" when creating an Action Plan. Learn more here.
- Remember Check-in Displayed Metrics: Selected "Displayed Metrics" in a Check-in's Metrics Tab are retained so users don't have to reselect their desired metrics during future visits to the page. Selected choices are preserved on the selecting user's browser and are not shared/sharable. "Displayed Metrics" functionality on the Dashboard's Metric Tab is not changed.
- Unify Background Color of Action Plans and Check-ins: Updated the background color of Action Plans to be white instead of gray which unifies the Action Plan and Check-in views.
- Consolidate Create Buttons on Coaching Timeline: Removed icons and consolidated the create coaching items buttons into a "New Coaching Items" dropdown.
- Titles on Program Forms Correctly Differentiate between Program or Managed Program: Managed Program forms will now state "Managed Program" instead of just "Program", ex. "Create Managed Program".
- Manage Coaching Grids Not Sorting by Status: Disabled sorting on "Status" column within Action Plan, Check-in, Program, and Managed Program grids.
- Leaderboard Metric Filtering: Searching for a metric name in all uppercase letters will now correctly return search results.
August 31, 2022
- Score Contributions: Scorecard Contributions provides visibility into individual contributions on group level Scorecards. Learn more here.
- Out of Office: Out of Office allows for group-based Competitions and Scorecards, when Prorating is also enabled, to take into account when a user is not contributing activity due to being Out of Office so that group scores are not negatively impacted by a missing member. Learn more here.
- Scorecard Target Proration: Prorating allows for Scorecard targets to automatically adjust based on how many working days per Scorecard time frame a user is marked Out of Office. Learn more here.
August 23, 2022
- Ability to Edit Check-ins: Ability to edit the Agenda Start Date, Agenda, and Co-coaches of Check-ins that were created one-off or through Coaching Programs. Learn more here.
- Consolidated Coaching > Manage Tabs: Template tabs will now be featured under their respective feature instead of being a standalone tab on the Manage page. Ex The Check-ins tab features a sub tab of Overview and Templates
- Keep Navigation Sections Expanded: Sections of the left navigation will stay expanded. Areas like Dashboards, Goals, Coaching, and Administration will stay expanded after clicking onto a sub navigation item.
- Coaching Timeline Background: Background of the Coaching tab, the Coaching timeline view, now matches the gray tone of the other tabs instead of having a white background. Coaching cards on the timeline will now be white instead of varying in color from header to agenda (gray to white)
- Sandbox Disclaimers and Toggles: Integrations like Slack, MS Teams, and Gong will no longer feature a Sandbox Mode and/or File Processing Mode toggle as those options are not supported.
- "Can Create Check-in for Anyone" and "Can Create Action Plan" permissions granting extra visibility: Create for Anyone permission will still correctly allow for creation for any user, but won't allow for visibility into Check-ins or Action Plans they did not create.
- Unnecessary Template Visibility Requirement: Permission and/or ownership will be the only requirement to access or view Check-in or Program Templates or Managed Programs instead of also requiring the user to have Manager permissions.
- Dashboard Header Misaligned on Mobile: Dashboard header Buttons on Group Dashboards are now stacked and profile image size reduced to prevent overlapping of header content.
- Coaching Program Exports Handling Questions and Answers from Associated Check-ins: Additional columns will be added to Program exports that have associated Check-ins to account for those associated Check-in agenda items and their answers.
August 9, 2022
- "Search" tool within Integrations: Supplemental to the existing Data Explorer tool, "Search" allows for locating Uploads, Raw Records, or Metrics by User or Group, Time Period, or specific Metric. Found within Integrations under the Data Explorer tab!
- Improved Error Handling When Uploading an Image within Coaching Notes: If an image is attempted to be uploaded into a Coaching Note and it exceeds the supported image size (4MB), a descriptive error message stating the image's current size and the support image size will be shown.
- Unified Styling for Required Coaching Agenda Items: The "(required)" styling to let a user know which agenda items are required vs optional was a separate element and now will have inline styling.
- Changing File Format and Data Format Dropdown options to Radio Buttons: Within API, FTP, and File Upload Integrations, Ambition offers file format options of CSV or JSON and Data Format options of Records or Daily Totals. These options are now presented as radio buttons!
- Check-in Template Creation Permission: Creators of a Check-in Template can now correctly edit the Check-in Templates they've created.
- Required Fields Didn't Contain Field Names When Creating an Ask: The specific required field names will be listed in the error message if an Ask or TV is attempted to be created with blank required fields.
- Long Accolade Descriptions or Accolade Reason Overflowing: Long Accolade descriptions or reasons will now appropriately wrap instead of spilling off the Accolade card.
- Long Saved Report Names Expanding Delete Button: When deleting a Saved Report, the delete button will now display "Delete Report" instead of "Delete <report name>".
- Safari Button Alignment: The height of buttons with User Settings was addressed to ensure the Deactivate and Save Changes button display inline when viewing Ambition on Safari.
- Unnecessary Styling in Coaching Questions: Rich formatting that caused Coaching Questions that started with a number to be indented was removed.
July 26th, 2022
- Mark Rating Categories as Optional: Rating Categories are now correctly labeled as Optional on the Create Check-in Template form.
- Update Title for Edit Check-in Template Form: Edit Check-in Form now correctly states, "Edit Check-In Template" instead of "Create".
- Align Buttons on Create Program Page: Create Program buttons are now aligned for Single and Managed Coaching Programs.
- Update Placeholder Text When Searching for Saved Reports: Ability to search by report type (graph, spreadsheet, histogram, quadrant) was supported, and is now reflected in the placeholder text.
- Sort Check-in Templates by Editable Column: "Editable" column was updated to be sortable since it displayed a sortable icon.
- Coaching Note Creation Time Displayed in UTC: Coaching Note creation time will now display in a user's local time instead of UTC.
- "Test" Button Enabled for Users Without an Anthem: "Test" anthem button in user settings is now disabled if users do not have an Anthem set.
July 13th, 2022
- Search TV Slides by Title: Ability to search for existing TV slides by their Title, the slide's name, while editing a TV.
- Improved Dashboard UI: New header and tab styling on all Dashboard types to help facilitate other coming Dashboard UI changes! Improvements include: New Score Progress Bar styling, an explicit "Edit Profile/Edit Group" button replacing the gear icon, the "Details" button relabeled as "View Details" and now appears as a modal, display changes for the text immediately under a User/Group Name to give additional context.
- Permissions Section of the Initial Setup Page: Wording on the Initial Setup page was updated to be permissions centric and the link correctly redirects to the custom permissions page.
- User Unable to Interact with Checkbox Items in Action Plans: Added a new error message of "You cannot select yourself as the employee" if an Action Plan creator is attempting to create a plan for themself.
- Content Block Text Color was not Saving: Color options have been restored by updating the text formatting color options.
June 28th, 2022
- View Notes from Previous Check-in within the Current Check-in: Ability to view shared and private (based on permissions) Notes from the previous Coaching Program Check-in within the current Check-in.
- New Metric Type - Most Recent Value: Rather than aggregate data over time like the existing Count, Sum, and Average type metrics, Most Recent Value metrics will not aggregate an individual user’s daily values together, but rather display the most recent value that Ambition has received when viewing time frames larger than a day.
Most Recent Value is a metric type that can be utilized with data received through a summary format Salesforce report or an API/FTP/File Upload/Manual Entry integration that utilizes the Daily Totals format. Learn more here.
- Improved Creation Support for Average Metrics (Daily Totals integrations): Average metrics were supported within Daily Totals integrations, but you could be "locked out" of creating an average metric if you'd mapped the respective value field as an (Auto) Sum metric in the Data Format. Now, regardless if the value field was originally mapped as a value to be summed in the Data Format, you will also be able to create Average metrics from the same value!
June 14th, 2022
- Coaching Program Hierarchy Selector: New Participant selector within Single Coaching Programs. Visibility into exactly who and how many users are being selected as participants of the Coaching Program. Filter for individual users based on Group Memberships using "And" logic within the Program creation form.
- Assign Action Items to any Check-in Participant: Ability to assign an Action Item to any participant of the Check-in - Manager, Co-Coach, or the user being coached.
- View Action Items from Previous Check-in within the Current Check-in: Ability to view both open and completed Action Items from the previous Coaching Program Check-in within the current Check-in.
- Unify "Manager" vs "Owner" wording in Coaching Grids: Within the manage Programs grid, the Column header, filter option, and creation form now feature the wording "Manager" instead of varying "Owner" and "Manager" language.
- Improved Spacing on Filter Panels: Added padding under elements and to the left and right to make filter options easier to read and select.
- Unify Tab Styling: Updated the color and underline styling for Tabs within the Data Explorer and Check-ins.
- Unable to Save Partial Check-in Progress : The Save Progress button on Check-ins will now allow users to save progress for multiple choice and Gong call agenda items without receiving an error message.
May 31st, 2022
- Ability to Rename Action Plans: System Admin can rename Action Plans with a custom naming convention up to 35 characters. The Coaching feature and the Action Plans feature must be enabled in order to access the rename option. Learn more here.
- Image Support within Content Block Agenda Item and Notes: Images can now be added into both the Content Block agenda item and Notes. Drag and drop screenshots or select an image from your device to bring additional content into coaching conversations.
- Adding Handles on Agenda Items: Agenda Items can be reordered during creation or editing of an agenda by dragging and dropping. A handle will now appear on each agenda item in order to signify the reorder capability.
- Relabel Activation Events within a User's Settings: Clarification around Ambition's "activation date" terminology within a user's settings. "Activation History", the date referring to when a user's account was created in Ambition, will now be labeled "User Activation History". "Activation Time", the date referring to when a user became a member of a Group, will now be labeled "Group Join Date". Learn more here.
- Improved Error Handling for Embed URL Agenda Item: Manually typing in the Embed URL will no longer display an Ambition 404 error, but display the empty state message.
- Drag and Drop Images into Workflow Messages: Workflow messages for the Email action have supported images, but now also support the ability to add an image into the message through drag and drop.
May 17th, 2022
- Content Block Agenda Item: Rich text editor that allows managers to provide additional information or context to a coaching agenda. Can be used to give more information about an Action Plan, the coaching program initiative, provide company updates, or link 3rd party URLs.
- Embed URL Agenda Item: Allows managers to iframe a 3rd party website directly into a coaching agenda.
↳ Learn more about all our coaching agenda items including the two newest additions here.
- Improved Rich Text for Coaching Notes: Additional formatting options for Coaching Notes including underlines, text color, H1, H2, and emoji support!
- Scorecard Error States: Improved and net-new error states surrounding the optional Start and Stop values when setting up a Higher-is-Better or Start and Stop values for a Lower-is-Better metric.
- Rich Text URLs Opening in Unexpected Windows: Option to open a Linked URL in the current window was removed since that option was not supported.
- Incorrect Count of Completed Agenda Items on Save Progress Button: Save Progress button will not correctly display the accurate number of completed multiple choice and/or poll agenda items.
- Exceeding License Limit on User CSV Upload or Salesforce Sync: Users will not be able to upload a User CSV or sync users from Salesforce if adding the new accounts will pass the customer's licensed user count.
- Coaching Reminder Notification Sending After Opting Out of Coaching Emails: "Coaching Action Plan Reminder" and "Coaching Check-in Reminder" emails have been added to the notification options that a user can unsubscribe from.
May 3rd, 2022
- Features Tab Category Labels: The Features tab, Left navigation > Administration > Features, had bespoke formatting on the category labels. Formatting has been unified with other labels across Ambition.
- Coaching Program Grids: Programs and Managed Programs have been broken out into their own respective tabs, Left navigation > Coaching > Manage. Filterable status filters have been added.
- Only Allow One Date Field on Data Formats for Daily Totals Integrations: Daily Totals integrations support using a single date field within the data format, but multiple date fields were allowed to be mapped. For new integrations, a single "Date" Field Type will be present upon enabling of the integration. The Date Field Key can be updated as needed.
- Action Item Count Negative: Creating and subsequently deleting Action Items will no longer render a negative Action Item count.
- Private Goal Visibility: Tests were added to verify group visibility when a Goal is created for the Manager hierarchy level.
- Leaderboard Saved Filters Not Loading Custom Time Frame: Added check for existing start and end dates.
- Coaching Program Being Marked as Completed Immediately Upon Creation: Improved statuses on Coaching Programs will prevent a one-time occurrence coaching program from being marked Started and Finished at the same time.
April 19th, 2022
- Co-Branding for Accolades: When socially sharing an Accolade, the User who received the Accolade, the Accolade name and badge, and the company's logo will be featured! The company logo will be pulled from the Organization tab settings, so if you have Admin permissions, make sure your company's logo is up to date!
- Salesforce Report2Metric UI/UX Improvements: Report2Metric now has a new home and new name. Ambition's report sync functionality will now be called "Reports" and will be found under the Data Configuration page. Learn more here.
- In-Form Support for Salesforce Reports with more than 2000 Rows: Syncing reports with more than 2000 rows required an engineering ticket to fully support, but now you have the ability to "opt-in" to using the Salesforce API to support syncing large reports in the report sync form. Learn more here.
- Agenda Items No Longer Displayed on Action Plan Cards: Agenda Items have been removed from displaying on the Action Plan cards for a cleaner, improved experience.
- Explicitly State GIF/Image Support in Workflow Form: Adding a GIF and/or Image in a Workflow message is only supported for Email Actions and is now stated in the Workflow form.
- Auto Delete TV Slides Associated with Deleted Accolades, Goals, and Competitions: TV slides that are created to display an Accolade, Goal, or Competition will automatically be deleted if the respective Accolade, Goal, or Competition is deleted.
- Make it Clear You Can Click Into a Gong Call: A "View Call" button was added to Gong call interactions to make it clear you can click into and view Gong Calls.
- Select Gong Calls Not Playing: The just-in-time Gong query was readded to ensure the media URL does not expire.
- Rich Text Consistency: Removed Agenda Item specific styling to increase consistency. Removed white space styles that were retaining empty lines.
- Emails Being Sent After Notifications Were Turned Off: Ensured that messages will not send if email_enabled is False for an Organization.
- Ambition University Link Hidden from Users: The Ambition University link is accessible for all users through the "Get Help and Learn" tab.
April 5th, 2022
- Accolade Achievement Export: Ability to mass export Achievements for multiple Accolades or export Achievements for a single Accolade. Learn more about exporting Achievements here.
- Feature Flag for Action Plans: Ability to turn the Coaching feature, Action Plans, on or off at an organizational level through the Features Tab.
- Coaching Visibility Options: Introducing a new Coaching Visibility option, Executive Level, and the ability to set the Coaching Visibility Preferences at the organizational level. The Executive Level option allows a Manager's Manager visibility into subordinates' coaching events. Learn more about Coaching Visibility options here.
- Resolve Open Action Items Breakpoint: Open Action Items would be removed if a User’s dashboard was being viewed at a smaller breakpoint. Now Open Action Items will be displayed at the top of a coaching dashboard.
- Dashboard UX - Graph and Empty States: Dates are aligned to data points on Scorecard graph, and date format has been unified. Dashboard empty states now provide messaging that's more descriptive of "why" the dashboard is empty - user isn't in a Role, no Scorecard has been setup, etc.
- Remove Stepper from Check-in Template Form: The check-in template creation form is simple, but still forced uses to click through each step. Now all steps will display upon accessing the form.
- Consistent Buttons in Coaching Forms: Create/Edit + Cancel button will be left aligned in within the respective form.
- Hide Managed Program Template Name: Managed Programs cannot be created from a Template, but the Coaching > Manage grid featured the Program’s Name in the Template column. Template column will now be left blank for Managed Programs.
- Excused Check-in Reopened Leading to Phantom Notifications: Resolves the issue where managers were seeing the red coaching notification badges in Ambition, but there were no check-ins to complete.
- Coaching Program Export: Export capability for active Coaching Programs is restored to the Coaching > Program view.
- Percent-to-Target values in Slack Workflows: The Metric Value was displaying for Percent-To-Target Slack workflows rather than the respective % to target value.
- Unable to Share Leaderboard on Microsoft Teams Mobile - IOS: Will now conditionally render a select option instead of the unsupported search on IOS
- Analytics - Progress Bars are Truncated + Create Goal option inaccessible: Progress bars and button placement were restored to previous state
- User Added as Co-Coach to Own Program: If a user is being involved as a participant in the coaching event, now an error will prevent them from also being added as a Co-Coach.
March 22nd, 2022
- Custom Permission Sets: In addition to Ambition's system permissions and individual permission capabilities, organizations can now create Custom Permission Sets and customize access, management, and administration capabilities to best fit each user’s role down to the individual level. Learn more about creating Custom Permission Sets here.
- Action Items in Coaching: Action Items are text based deliverables created within a coaching Check-in. Action Items can be used to document simple yes/no deliverables and all open Action Items/to-dos can be seen on a User's Dashboard. Learn more about interacting with Action Items here.
- Edit Button added to TV Settings: When viewing an Ambition TV URL, the option to Edit the TV is now accessible within the TV Settings instead of having to navigate back into the Ambition interface.
- Goal Form Required Fields: Description field is now labeled as Optional. The Category field will now default to Contribution.
- Add Manager Selection to Check-in Template Form: Templates can now be made accessible to specific Managers instead of all Check-in Templates being accessible by all Managers.
- Agenda Item Styling: Resolved inconsistent margin, padding, and color inconsistencies.
- Navigation Width Changes + Nav Tooltips for Long Names: Decreased width of left navigation, decreased space between item icons. Added tooltips to navigation items with text overflow.
- Gong Call Detail Modal Height: Set max height and added scroll visibility to resolve excessive whitespace.
- Leaderboard Slide Overflowing Text: Scorecard graph was rendering incorrectly when navigation wasn't open.
- Coaching Insights - Empty State for Groups with no Coaching Activity: Org level coaching data was being rendered for groups that had no coaching activity. Now an empty state message will correctly display.
- Cannot create Note with "Can Create Note for Anyone" permission: Resolved issue where users with "Can Create Notes for Anyone" was not allowing users to create notes for anyone.
- Spacing Differences Between Multiple Choice and Checkbox Agenda Items: Unified spacing differences between Multiple Choice and Checkbox Agenda Items.
March 8th, 2022
- Longer TV Slide Durations: Previously the max TV slide duration option was 60 seconds. Additional TV slide duration options of 2, 3, 4, and 5 minutes have been added!
- Added Filter Toolbar to the Coaching > Manage Template and Filter Pills to Competition > Manage Grids: Added Search and Created By filter options to Program and Check-in Template manage grids.
- Always Give Coaching Program Template Creator Access to Template: Managers who have permission to create Program Templates will now have default access to the Template even if they don’t select themself through the Manager > Custom option in Template creation.
- Resolved Spacing with Analytics Filter Buttons: Apply Filters and Cancel buttons had no space in between them.
- Improved Time Selector Placeholder Text and Searching: Disabled search from Time Selectors and added default placeholder text.
- Dashboard Scorecard Graph Impacted by Navigation Width: Scorecard graph was rendering incorrectly when navigation wasn't open.
- Check-ins - Inability to Mark an Expired Check-in as Competed: Check-ins were being closed and marked as “Expired” if the employee had completed their part but the manager had not approved. Included a deployment migration to re-open check-ins that were closed this way on or after Jan 11, 2022 since the bug was tied to a regression.
- Coaching Agenda item hovering when attempting to drag and drop: Deleting an agenda item first then attempting to drag and drop a new agenda item would result in a hover state.
- NaN Appearing in Analytics and Coaching: The ratio on Quadrant reports and the Created Date on the Coaching Program Export dropdown were displaying NaN instead of the appropriate ratio or date.
February 22nd, 2022
- Coaching Form Language Updates: Improvements to how the Create forms for Check-ins, Single Programs, and Managed Programs are worded. Explicit callouts to optional items.
- Grid Views: Grid views now visually signal which column is being sorted and which direction, ascending or descending, the respective column is sorted.
- Broken Default Images: Default images were broken if a Group or User's name began with a number or punctuation.
- Selectors on User's Settings Page: Selectors in the user settings page were featuring unnecessary borders and drop-down heights were not uniform.
- Gong Calls - Filter Date Error: Gong Calls with comments were unable to be successfully loaded when filtering for Last Year's calls.
- Action Plan Create Goal Form: The year was cut off when selecting a start and end date in the Create New Goal modal within an Action Plan.
February 8th, 2022
- New Primary Navigation: The new navigation can be pinned open or left closed until hovered. Additionally, the new styling also grouped similar items in the navigation and clicking the Ambition logo will return you to your designated landing page.
- Coaching - Creating Agenda Items Styling: The color and styling of agenda items within check-in and program forms have been updated to improve accessibility.
- Coaching Attribution Chart Dates: The Attribution chart within the Coaching Overview page was incorrectly showing “Nan” for the Created Date. The correct created times are now displayed.
- Dashboard Headers on Mobile Devices: The page titles on a dashboard (either the organization's name, user name, or group name) were made visible on mobile screen sizes.
- Analytics Spreadsheets - Empty Last Page: If the last page result size was the same as the page size, it allowed the user to go to the next page, which is empty. This update removes the empty last page on spreadsheet tables.
January 25th, 2022
- Coaching Agenda Items - Required Styling: Improved the styling of required agenda items within a coaching conversation.
- Analytics Spreadsheet Count: The total count within an Analytics spreadsheet reflects how many records are on the page rather than being 1 higher.
January 11th, 2022
- Gong Agenda Items for Coaching: Attach Gong recordings to your coaching agenda items to discuss and review together. The Manager or the Employee can select the calls for the review. Learn more here.
- Workflow - Option to combine email notifications: This allows a Workflow's email notifications to all send together, supporting the use case of a reply-all format. Users can designate if the emails should be sent together as one email or as separate emails.
- Improved UI for Check-Ins: Within a check-in, the Ratings and Notes now been improved to offer a helpful empty state as well as new styling. This also improves the styling of the Coaching Analytics widget shown on a user's coaching dashboard.
- Coaching Timezone's for Check-Ins: This updates all coaching tables and cards to display consistent date format with the user's corresponding timezone.
- Workflow Slack Notifications for Certain users: When a user's GIF is set to something invalid or that image times out, a Slack workflow would fail to send. We now catch this failure, and substitute the bad GIF with their static avatar URL.
- Integrations - Updates API Documentation: The integration's API Sandbox Button now takes administrative users to the new swagger documents.