Domo Basic Writeback Connector
The Ambition Basic Connector allows mutual customers of Domo and Ambition to schedule and push updates from Domo datasets to Ambition.
An API integration within Ambition must be enabled. You will need the route and token from the API integration in Ambition before being able to complete the Connector form in Domo.
The API integration must be set to JSON File Format and use the Daily Totals Data Format.
The DataSet must be owned by or shared with the respective user in Domo.
There is a limit of 10 columns in a DataSet per Basic Writeback Connector. The limit of 10 column includes the entire DataSet rather than the 10 being inclusive of just the columns mapped within the API's Data Format.
Enable the Connector in Domo
1. Login to Domo.
2. Access the Appstore.
3. Search for Ambition and select the "Ambition Basic Writeback Connector".
4. Click on Get the Data.
Setup the Connector in Domo
1. Under the "Select Account" dropdown, select Add account...
After adding your account, complete the Credentials section of the form.
2. For Domo Client ID and Domo Client Secret, input your Domo Client ID and Domo Client Secret.
You can generate a new Client ID and Secret at developer.domo.com.
The Client will need "Data" Application Scopes.
3. For Ambition Instance Name, input your Organization's Ambition Subdomain.
4. For Token, you will input the Authorization Token for the respective Ambition API Integration where you wish to send Ambition Data.
Steps for locating the Authorization Token can be found here.
5. Click Connect. After successfully connecting, click Next.
6. For DataSet ID, you will locate the DataSet which you wish to push to Ambition. The DataSet ID will be found in the DataSet's URL.
The DataSet will need a Date and User Identifier.
All the fields on the respective DataSet will be pushed to Ambition. However, all fields do not have to be used as metrics within Ambition.
7. For Route, you will input the Route for the respective Ambition API Integration where you wish to send Ambition Data. You will access the same Credentials tab where you just located the Token.
Steps for locating the Route can be found here.
8. Click Next.
9. Select the appropriate Scheduling option, either Basic or Advanced.
10. Select the most appropriate Update Method for your DataSet.
Due to the nature of a Daily Totals integration, Ambition recommends "Replace", but select the Update Method that best fits how the DataSet handles updates to records.
11. Click Next.
Name & Describe Your DataSet
12. Input a DataSet Name.
13. Optionally input a DataSet Description.
14. Click Save.