Ambition TV in Microsoft Teams
Using a Website tab is Microsoft Teams functionality and Ambition cannot provide support for the Website tab functionality itself, viewing an Ambition TV within Microsoft Teams, or TV Workflows firing within Microsoft Teams.
- Owner or team member within a Microsoft Teams channel.
- Token generated to bypass password based authentication for viewing TV URL
I need a token to add to my TV URL.
How do I add the token to my Ambition TV URL?
How do I create a Website tab in Microsoft Teams?
Before the TV URL can be input into Microsoft Teams, your organization will need to receive a token to append to your TV URLs that allows for mass distribution instead of the TV URL being only accessible by those with an Ambition account.
Each URL token is associated to an active account in Ambition, and a single token can be used across multiple TV URLs. Currently tokens cannot be refreshed, but a new token can be issued to another user in Ambition in the event a new token is needed.
Use Token-Based Authentication
Before you begin, you'll first need to have a token generated for your organization. Learn more here.
Locate TV URL in Ambition
1. Open the left navigation and click TVs.
2. Locate the TV URL that you are wanting to display in a Microsoft Teams channel.
3. Appended the token issued to you by Ambition to the end of the respective TV URL.
Example of URL + Token
The link containing Ambition TV URL + Token can now be copy/pasted directly into the Microsoft Team's Website tab.
Add Ambition TV URL to a Team's Website Tab
Microsoft Team's documentation for working with tabs can be found here.
1. Click on to add a tab.
Microsoft Teams states that owners and team members can add more tabs to channels or chats. If you are unable to add a tab, reach out to your Microsoft Teams administrator for assistance.
2. Select the Website tab option.
3. Name the Tab and input the respective Ambition TV URL with token. Click Save.
4. The Ambition TV can now be viewed within the website tab.
Article is closed for comments.