Authorize and Install Ambition's Salesforce Managed Package
Ambition is deeply integrated with Salesforce, the world's leading CRM.
Prerequisites for Installing
- Salesforce Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited Edition
- Salesforce System Administrator License
Wish to install using a headless user? Lean more here.
Install Ambition's Managed Package into Production Salesforce
1. Log in to your Organization's Ambition instance. After install, Ambition can be accessed within Salesforce, but preinstall Ambition must be accessed through your Organization's standalone Ambition domain.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the Enable Integration button in line with the Salesforce Integration.
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the new integration. Click Enable Integration to continue.
You will be redirected into the newly enabled Salesforce Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected into the Integration. To enter the Salesforce Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Salesforce Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
5. Click on the Authorize/Install tab.
7. When prompted, enter your Salesforce Production credentials.
Click Allow when prompted. You will be redirected back to Ambition once authorization is complete. This authorization process might take ~1 minute.
↳ Verify the authorizing user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
8. After authorizing is complete, click "Install App"
↳ Installing with a Headless User? Enter the Headless User's credentials.
9. Click the "Download for Production" button.
10. Set Security Level to "Install for Admins Only" and click Install.
11. Approve Third-Party Access with a checkmark and click Continue.
12. Once you've been notified of successful installation, return to the Authorize/Install tab within Ambition and click "Set up App"
Successful Authorization and Install will be signaled by Status: Connected and all steps under Salesforce Initialization Status displaying with a green indicator.
Article is closed for comments.