Co-Coaches for Check-Ins
What is a Co-Coach?
A co-coach is an Ambition user who has managerial access to the coaching check-in. A co-coach can be any Ambition user, regardless of their permission level. Co-coaches are a great fit for assistant managers or HR professionals who play a role in the coaching process.
The creator (manager) of the check-in can add as many co-coaches as required. Participants of a check-in or program cannot also be assigned as a co-coach for that specific check-in or program except for group check-ins.
A co-coach can do the following:
- View and edit the check-in's agenda and content
- View comments or public notes left in the check-in
- Comment on individual agenda items
- Leave a public note for the employee and manager to view
- Leave a private note that only the lead manager can view
- Approve & rate the check-in
- Re-open an expired check-in
- Extend an open check-in
- Excuse a check-in
- View a correlated action plan
- Create action items
A co-coach cannot do the following:
- Cannot edit a program's agenda or recurrence
- Cannot delete a check-in
- Cannot view a private note that was created by the lead manager
- Create an action plan within the check-in
Co-coaches for group check-ins can delete and make edits to both the agenda and recurrence.
Co-coaches are listed in the check-in header and on the check-in card. Adela is the co-coach here, and a co-coach designation will be see when Adela is hovered over.
The user that last rates a check-in is denoted, if the check-in has a co-coach.
How do I assign a co-coach to a specific check-in?
From the check-in, click the “⋮” icon then Manage Co-Coaches to add a co-coach. Multiple users can be assigned as a co-coach.
Additionally, from the check-in, click the ⋮ icon, then Edit to update co-coaches.
Don't see the Co-Coaches option? If your package supports co-coaches, the feature can be enabled by any user with admin permissions. Left navigation > Administration > Features. Locate the "Coaching: Co-Coaches" feature, and toggle "On".
How do I assign a co-coach?
When creating a coaching program, check-in, or group check-in, the form will have an optional step for assigning co-coaches. Co-coaches can be edited after the creation of the program or check-in.
Note: If you want to add or remove co-coaches in an existing program or check-in, you can do so from the respective edit form. Any changes to co-coach settings will be reflected on check-ins going forward; historical check-ins will not inherit these co-coaches.
Where can I find my Co-Coach Check-Ins?
1. Open the left navigation and click on Coaching > Check-Ins OR Coaching > Group Check-ins.
2. Across the horizontal navigation bar, click on Co-Coach.
3. Any individual/group check-ins where you have been assigned as a co-coach will appear.